To describe the acidic ionized water benefits let’s look first at the ionized water types to understand the difference. There are two basic ionized water types depending on whether the water contains more hydrogen H+ or hydroxyl OH- ions. If there are more OH- ions in the water – it’s the alkaline ionized water. If there are more H+ ions – it’s the acidic ionized water. The ionization of water means the gain or loss of an electron leading to increase or decrease the water pH. Acidic ionized water contains hydrogen H+ ions and its pH level is in range from 2.5 to 6.5. However, this water is used only outside our bodies, and it’s not suitable for drinking. But it’s great for skin care, cleaning, disinfection and even for plant watering.
Watch the video to find out more about the acidic ionized water benefits.
Most of us are used to alkaline ionized water but there are a number of acidic iodized water benefits and they are:
– It prevents and treats acne, pimples and rash. The water has an astringent effect on the skin as it smoothens and tightens the skin. Its sterilizing effect helps in treating minor skin wounds.
– When used during and after shampooing, this water protects the hair, and it prevents itching, dandruff and hair loss.
– On burns, this water eases the pain and enhances recovery.
– Acidic water prevents noodles from becoming soggy while cooking them.
– Fruits and vegetables washed in this water are free from harmful bacteria as it kills them.
– Before cooking fish, soaking it in the water helps tighten the meat, thus making it easy to cook.
– The water helps to sterilize and disinfect teeth if it is regularly used when brushing teeth.
– On sunburns, the acidic water helps ease the inflammation and hasten recovery.
– Using acidic water to gargle kills the microbes that cause colds and tonsillitis, thus preventing these germ infections.
– Bathing in a mixture of acidic water and tap water improves the overall health of the skin.
– Acidic ionized water is able to kill the bacteria that cause eczema and acne and thus keeps the skin clean and improves its condition.
– This water can also be used to disinfect seafood-processing surfaces as it reduces the Listeria monocytogenes bacteria on the stainless steel sheet, ceramic tiles and floor tiles that are the common surfaces in these processing factories.
– The water can be used to decontaminate the hides of cattle before they are slaughtered to avoid contamination of the carcass by pathogens.
– In house cleaning, the water acts as a sterilizing agent, removes dirt and grime, and prevents odor and unseen germs.
– Washing hands in this water ensures the hands get rid of odor, and it prevents itching.
– The water removes dirt more easily when washing vehicles.
– The water can be used to disinfect cutting boards, pots, pans, and tableware. It also eases removal of dirt from this kitchenware when soaked overnight.
– On sponges, this water stops bacterial and fungal growth, thus preventing contamination and bad smells.
– Bathing pets in acidic water leads to healthier fur and coat and prevents itching and skin diseases.
– The water is effective while cleaning glass, knives, mirrors and for other polishing jobs.
– Soaking the stems of flowers in the acidic ionized water makes them look fresh for a long time.
However, the safety first because not all acidic ionized water types are equal but it depends on the water pH.
The water with basic pH level 5.5 to 6.5 can be used for everyday activities like washing face and hands, watering plants and soaking vegetables to restore crispness.
The water with pH level 4.5 to 5.5 is stronger acidic water and it tones up and disinfects the skin and that’s why it’s good for treatment of skin burns, cuts, pimples and scrapes. It’s good for vegetable cleaning and soaking. Good for plants as well.
The water with pH level 3.5 to 4.5 is already very strong acidic ionized water. Most of the water ionizers are able to produce it. It’s very strong disinfection and cleaning agent which kills all bacteria within minutes. It can be used for problematic skin affected by acne, eczema, for treatment of stings or wounds; insect bites, fungus and itchy skin, as well in household for cleaning purposes.
The water with pH level 2.5 to 3.5 is extremely strong acidic water and not all water ionizers are able to produce that. In many cases, the pH level is enhanced by adding the citric acid or hydrochloric acid. It’s a very strong disinfection agent and kills all bacteria and germs within seconds of contact.
Most people mainly talk about alkaline ionized water benefits but forget about the acidic ionized water benefits. It’s also powerful, it’s just different.